Sharing restrictions not applied to new folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildWalker

Cadet
Hello All,

I have shared a folder on my FreeNas. The top level folder is Media, and the subfolder is Music (there is Music, Photos and Videos)

I have created a group called Media, and assigned this group to the Owner(Group) under the permissions (I am using ZFS by the way) and I have left the Read/Write/Execute permissions at default, and am using Unix (the default) ACL.

I copied a load of music (folders and files) in to the Media Subfolder, and all was good. However, I noticed that while I could only read files in Music, in the subfolders, I could write and delete files. So I checked the share, ticked 'Set Permission Recursively' and all was fine, until I created some new folders (from the console of FreeNas) and now I can write and delete these from the shares, do I have to tick recursive everytime new music is added (as it doesn't stay ticked) or is this a bit of a bug, or are my expectations incorrect (that any subfolder should be read only, because they are the initial permissions of the top level folder)

Thanks for any help.
Alan.

Status
Not open for further replies.