SESUTIL command got stuck in D state

Ender117

Patron
So I wrote myself a little script that uses sesutil locate $disk on to blink LED of failed disk automatically. I set a cron job to have it run every minute and everything seems to work fine. However, after a week or so the script got hanged because the sesutil locate $disk on command stuck in D state (uninterruptible wait). Furthermore, every and each new sesutil locate $disk on will stuck in the same state so append a & would just create a pile of them in the same state. Only a reboot can solve the problem for a while and them it repeats.

I am aware this might be more of a FreeBSD problem instead of a FreeNAS one, but also sure there are some FreeBSD gurus here that can provide some insights. If anyone is using my script, please also take a look and let me know if you are seeing the same thing as me. Thanks everyone

Ender117

Patron
Were you able to figure this out?
No I wasn't. I changed my script so that it only issues sesutil locate $disk off when it has previously turn on the disk. This only delay, not solve the problem, I imagine during a prolonged resilvering this would re-occur.

I am not sure how I can bring this to the FreeBSD community, got any ideas?

D

dlavigne

Please create a report at bugs.ixsystems.com and post the issue number here.