Services menu not appearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sf0145

Cadet
Hi there,

In the web admin panel, clicking on Services > Control Services in the sidebar displays an error "Sorry, an error occurred" (see the screenshot). Has anyone ever had this issue before? I was able to access this earlier today. I am running FreeNAS 8 if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 252

ohnename

Explorer
I had exactly the same error. What I´ve done to get this:
- create user "ftp"
- create new dataset for ftp
- enable the ftp service to test a bit.
- delete the user ftp and the dataset witout disabling the ftp service.
So I get exactly this error.

To fix it I´ve done this:
- recreate the user ftp with the same ID
- recreate the dataset
Now I´ve seen the services again so I disable ftp first before I delete the user and dataset.

sf0145

Cadet
Hi there, thanks for the reply. However, I cannot enable FTP since I receive this error on the Services page with the ON/OFF buttons.

EDIT: Somehow just creating the FTP user fixed this. Not sure what went wrong here. Thanks again!

ohnename

Explorer
Deleting the user and dataset when ftp service was enable was the problem on my box.
If you didn ´t use ftp, then it is probably another service. Did you delete a user or a dataset witch are in use by a service (not only ftp, maybe another) without disabling it before?

sf0145

Cadet
I created a user before and had deleted it, not sure if I assigned it to any service though.

HolyK

Ninja Turtle
Same problem for CIFS ...

- Created user
- Created volume
- Started + configured CIFS
- Removed partition
- reboot
- Created partition

--> Cannot manage services.

esamett

Patron
I had this error with 2gb ram system with lots of drives. problem went away with 4gb memory upgrade. Hope this helps.

HolyK

Ninja Turtle
Kk, i'm still testing FreeNAS in vmware until i get all components. A testing virtual machine was 2GB system + 10GB disk + 2GB RAM when the problem occurred, but after reinstall FreeNAS and set 2GB system disk + 5x5GB discs in ZFS, i didn't get anz problems (yet).

If the problem appear again, i'll try to increase memory :)

druid01

Cadet
Im also getting this error on a fresh install, yes i have created a few accounts and deleted a few over the last few days, but received this services error from minute 1 of the install.

Everything else appears to function except for the top services tab

quad core with 4gb of ram
3x1.5tb in raidZ zfs
1x1.5tb zfs
1x1tb zfs

I honestly dont know what to do to resolve this :(

jgreco

Resident Grinch
If you can't get to services then presumably you don't have anything of value on the machine?

What happens if you reset to factory defaults?

% cd /data
% cp freenas-v1.db mydbbak.db
% cp factory-v1.db freenas-v1.db
% reboot

(this may or may not be dangerous to do, I don't really know, so be prepared to lose it all)

esamett

Patron
there is a known problem with internet explorer. are you using a different browser?

HolyK

Ninja Turtle
I'm using FF 4.0.1

druid01

Cadet
Im also using firefox 4.0.1, have reset to defaults, but no change, also have discovered my cifs shares work well in windows but dont appear on my media streamers (different brands).
2x minor problems for me, but combined make it almost unusable at this stage of development, however i look forward to future releases eagerly.

Temporarily reverted back to 0.72 but cant wait for 8.0's potential to unlock in the future.

Keep up the great work :)

Regards

iposner

Explorer
I've also got the same problem. The services menu throws an error. And it has nothing to do with the browser - the error is generated server-side. (Freenas 8.0 on Proliant Microserver)

Status
Not open for further replies.