Serious performance drop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcmartinpc

Cadet
OK, so here is a weird issue that I am facing. I have 6 2TB WD Green drives in ZFS with RAID Z. 2 weeks ago I was writing at 90+ MB/s and I haven't done any major transfers since then. Last night I upgraded to 8.0.4 and performed some speed tests after the upgrade and I am barely writing at 20 MB/s, and even that is at peak, not average. Average I am more down around 10 MB/s. I am trying to derive if it is a problem with 8.0.4 upgrade or if it is another unrelated issue.

My machine is a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+, 8GB RAM, and a Asus M2N-E motherboard running FreeNAS 8.0.4 x64.

Please help! The ZFS volume is showing healthy...

Thanks!

Don

dcmartinpc

Cadet
To clarify, the drives are WD20EARS. Also, I enabled SMART and I am getting SMART errors all over the place, so I am assuming this is the problem, but these drives are less than 6 months old..... Is this a bug with the WD20EARS? Are there issues with these drives? Thanks everyone in advance!

The following warning/errors were logged and emailed to me by the smartd daemon:

Device: /dev/ada5, 1446 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors

Device: /dev/ada4, 3 Offline uncorrectable sectors

Device: /dev/ada4, 17 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors

Device: /dev/ada3, 1 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors

Device: /dev/ada2, 1410 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors

Device: /dev/ada1, 1 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors

Device: /dev/ada0, Failed SMART usage Attribute: 1 Raw_Read_Error_Rate.

Device: /dev/ada0, 115 Offline uncorrectable sectors

Device: /dev/ada0, 1418 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors

peterh

Patron
Just to eliminate or confirm that this is a problem with 8.0.4 :
Why don't you boot from the previous version and recheck ?
( as documented you should be able to boot the previous version by pressing "F2" on the console )

Status
Not open for further replies.