Scrubs don't stop...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverJS

Patron
Quick question : My scrubs don't seem to stop automatically anymore. They used to take about three hours (about 4 TB of data), but now, they go on. Zpool Status says that scrub is 100% complete with 0h0m to go, but still goes on.

It just randomly started doing that. Any advice? Not a big deal, I can stop it, but it used to stop automatically. Thanks!

ProtoSD

MVP
Next time while it's doing that, go to the GUI and on the left side click on "Display System Processes" and see what is showing up near the 'top' of the list (top is a unix command, sort of like Task Manager in windows).

SilverJS

Patron
OK. Seems like my problems are getting worse. I tried (twice) to scrub, and the server now just freezes. I don't know where it is in the scrub that it freezes, I know that it just does. Hard drive LED goes blank, and the computer is totally non-responsive. I reboot, and everything is good, but the problem is, zpool status shows me everything is fine.

Kind of sounds to me like one of my drives is dying...although they're all brand-new!

So :

1. Is there some kind of a log file I can check?
2. Is there a way to somehow test hard drives in FreeNAS other than the scrub?

Thanks!

Tekkie

Patron
Actually they volumes haven't grown beyond the disk size, however they are growing bigger than specified in the UI when creating the volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.