SCALE RC1.1: Apps with PVC Stuck in Deploying and Can't Start

bollar

Patron
All apps with a PVC are stuck in "Deploying" and never start. The Application Events Log shows the following, which suggests there's a mountpoint problem:

2021-11-18 23:42:53
MountVolume.SetUp failed for volume "pvc-2e971231-3c61-4d34-969b-70f60029c7fb" : rpc error: code = Internal desc = rpc error: code = Internal desc = zfs: mount failed err : not able to mount, cannot mount '/mnt/var/lib/kubelet/pods/5927b158-0ba2-46d8-9e8a-4c70c8471aad/volumes/kubernetes.io~csi/pvc-2e971231-3c61-4d34-969b-70f60029c7fb/mount': failed to create mountpoint: Read-only file system

Changing the mountpoint manually to "legacy" was suggested by @ornias and it resolves the issue temporarily e.g. if you apply a command similar to this:

Code:
root@scale[~]# zfs set mountpoint=legacy ixapps/ix-applications/releases/truecommand/volumes/pvc-7d9e5ab6-e00d-4240-a795-08edf93baac0

...the app will start again.

Unfortunately, a reboot reverts the change back to the broken state.

This affects new app installations, as well as existing app installations, so simply reinstalling the apps does not resolve the issue and the system seems to be in a permanently broken state.

The system got into this state while reinstalling TrueNAS and restoring a saved configuration file.

In the debug attached to the jira report, the TrueCommand & Plex apps have had the above workaround applied. Mealy was installed after this issue began. All other apps are in their pre-reinstallation state.
If there's a way to resolve the issue without a complete new system reinstallation, I'd appreciate the advice.

I have reported as: https://jira.ixsystems.com/browse/NAS-113416?filter=-2

This issue seems similar to this posting @waqarahmed : https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/apps-stuck-deploying.94217/

Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 4.17.40 PM.png

Mixel

Explorer
Its annoying as hell... With SMB shared folders connected as mount, app wont start after reboot. Also, auto update with truetool doesnt work. Ive heard a fix will be in beta 2.

bassmannate

Dabbler
Its annoying as hell... With SMB shared folders connected as mount, app wont start after reboot. Also, auto update with truetool doesnt work. Ive heard a fix will be in beta 2.
Thank you! I've been struggling with this for the last couple days and couldn't get containers with a host path to a SMB shared folder to start! If I turn the SMB share off, it works fine. If I turn it on after the apps have launched, it's fine.