Scale Minecraft forge stopping on startup due to rcon-cli.

Destil

Cadet
Hello,
I am on Truenas Scale V23.10.1.1 and am using the minecraft app v2024.1.0 to create and run a forge server. Specifically ATM8. I have already created one instance that I got working by following a docker tutorial and the documentation page for auto curseforge. I have copied all settings to be the same as the working instance however when booting the second server, rcon decides to try to send a stop message and my server stops before it finishes. I have attached the logs that show near the end the message. Below are all the settings I have modified inside the minecraft app on Truenas:

Code:
Application Name: testmc
EULA: checked
Image: Java 17 HotSpot (Ubuntu)
Type: Auto CurseForge
Version: 1.19.2
RCON Password: set to some pass
Enabled Command Block: checked
Allow Flight: checked
Operators/Administrators: my username in MC
Environment Variables
     CF_PAGE_URL
          https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/all-the-mods-8/files/4962718
     CF_API_KEY
          my api key from curseforge console
     MEMORY
          4G
     CF_EXCLUDE_MODS
          ^ this is to exclude a client side mod that is not automatically installed
Resources Configuration
     CPU
          4000m
    Memory
         8Gi

Again, same settings as my other working instance with the same mod pack. I have gotten port forwarding working with the last instance as well and have tested it with a friend. I did encounter this rcon issue once with this instance but it just... went away??? I don't know why.

How can I prevent rcon from telling the server to stop during startup? I have looked online for hours but I cannot find anything.
For anyone wanting to try and reproduce this, I have been keeping track of the steps I took, attached as well.

Attachments

• Steps_taken.pdf
    52.5 KB · Views: 62

Destil

Cadet
Hello,
I am on Truenas Scale V23.10.1.1 and am using the minecraft app v2024.1.0 to create and run a forge server. Specifically ATM8. I have already created one instance that I got working by following a docker tutorial and the documentation page for auto curseforge. I have copied all settings to be the same as the working instance however when booting the second server, rcon decides to try to send a stop message and my server stops before it finishes. I have attached the logs that show near the end the message. Below are all the settings I have modified inside the minecraft app on Truenas:

Code:
Application Name: testmc
EULA: checked
Image: Java 17 HotSpot (Ubuntu)
Type: Auto CurseForge
Version: 1.19.2
RCON Password: set to some pass
Enabled Command Block: checked
Allow Flight: checked
Operators/Administrators: my username in MC
Environment Variables
     CF_PAGE_URL
          https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/all-the-mods-8/files/4962718
     CF_API_KEY
          my api key from curseforge console
     MEMORY
          4G
     CF_EXCLUDE_MODS
          ^ this is to exclude a client side mod that is not automatically installed
Resources Configuration
     CPU
          4000m
    Memory
         8Gi

Again, same settings as my other working instance with the same mod pack. I have gotten port forwarding working with the last instance as well and have tested it with a friend. I did encounter this rcon issue once with this instance but it just... went away??? I don't know why.

How can I prevent rcon from telling the server to stop during startup? I have looked online for hours but I cannot find anything.
For anyone wanting to try and reproduce this, I have been keeping track of the steps I took, attached as well.

Destil

Cadet
Thanks for the tip

Attachments

• testmc_testmc-minecraft-764dcf9b4-k9w95_testmc-minecraft.txt
    80.8 KB · Views: 36

Destil

Cadet
I have found the issue after a short break from trying this.
The issue was the health checker was sending stop to the server due to too many retries during server generation. To disable this I added another environment variable:

DISABLE_HEALTHCHECK
true

This let the world finish generating and the server started with no problems. After world generation, removing this features does not affect the server's ability to start again.