Scale ACL SMB Help

PCN

Cadet
I am running Scale-22.02.2 and I am having a serious issue with ACL.

I have the following things
4 datasets shared via 4 SMB shares
5 User Groups, 1 for each dataset/SMB and one for all users.
8 Users in total some most are in at least 2 groups and everyone is in the central all users group (not the builtin one, this is one I created)
1 User for sharing called PCN

All Datasets currently set to Share Type - General. All set to POSIX as ACL Type. Basically defaults.
I followed a well known YouTubers Scale permissions and that seems to work fine for access.
I set Owner to myself (PCN) then set Owner Group to the group associated with the share r.e accounts_grroup
I have applied this permission recursivley etc etc
For access, this works perfectly without a glitch. However when user A in Accounts_Group creates, moves or otherwise does anything no one else can access that file/folder. At this point I assume (from the numerous threads I have come across) that the permissions are not being followed, it is in fact allowing whoever accesses the data to take control.

The issue I have is that having been through the various posts I cannot fathum what exactly I need to do in ACL to fix this issue.

I have tried setting up a new Dataset called test_accounts, with a new test users and set the Dataset to NFS instead of POSIX as Anodos has answered this about NFS numerous times so I wanted to try that. So I set this up and from my understanding set the Owner to PCN again and Owner group to Accounts_Group (PCN is in this group as well). The under the actual NFS permissions set this to only the Accounts_Group.
This does seem to allow access and for people to read/write/access each others stuff but if I remove the user from the group they still have permissions which cannot be right.

I also seem to have an issue that if I use there username it will not allow access, it only seems to work if I use there email address (account is set to Microsoft Account)

Basically I am a windows user but would really like to use Truenas as it is so much better than Synology etc however this is causing me headaches! Please help!!!!

indivision

Guru
As noted in the manual, you can be blocked from accessing a sub-folder if its parent permissions are too restricted. Specifically, if the parent folder does not allow "Execute" permissions, it can block access to folders below it.

Is that the case in your setup?