Samba Sharing Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B34N

Dabbler
I've been having some difficulty with file sharing. It sorta works. Sabnzbd seems to have no issues. When I connect to the share with my Ubuntu box I may have issues with permissions. I've just gone in and redid the permissions when I had issues. Now I jsut configured FreeNas to show me the console logging and I noticed the below. It seems that there is an issue with Samba. Any thoughts?
Code:
Nov 23 19:12:47 freenas smbd[22896]: STATUS=daemon 'smbd' finished starting up and ready to serve connections (ipv4:192.168.80.1:33248) closed connection to service PlexMediaShare
Nov 23 19:12:57 freenas smbd[22911]: STATUS=daemon 'smbd' finished starting up and ready to serve connections (ipv4:192.168.80.1:33258) closed connection to service PlexMediaShare
Nov 23 19:13:06 freenas smbd[22927]: STATUS=daemon 'smbd' finished starting up and ready to serve connections (ipv4:192.168.80.1:33267) closed connection to service PlexMediaShare
Nov 23 19:13:16 freenas smbd[22943]: STATUS=daemon 'smbd' finished starting up and ready to serve connections (ipv4:192.168.80.1:33276) closed connection to service PlexMediaShare
Stop refresh 

Thank you,
B34N

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Do you currently have problems connecting to the share?

Post your smb4.conf file (located at /usr/local/etc/smb4.conf) this will probably require enabling ssh and either copying from scroll back buffer or downloading via sftp.

Post getfacl output of directory being shared.
Code:
getfacl <path to folder>

B34N

Dabbler
Thank you for your help! Here is what you requested:
smb4.conf

Code:
[mark@freenas]
/mnt/BeanFreeNAS/MediaServer% getfacl /mnt/BeanFreeNAS/MediaServer
# file: /mnt/BeanFreeNAS/MediaServer
# owner: root
# group: wheel
            owner@:rwxp--aARWcCos:------:allow
            group@:rwxp--a-R-c--s:------:allow
         everyone@:rwxp--a-R-c--s:------:allow

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
You haven't properly configured permissions. Change permissions of your mediaserver dataset so that it is owned by your user and so that acltype is set to 'windows'. Go to your share's config and check 'apply default permissions. Once it's done, authenticate in a windows client and navigate to \\server and right-click on 'PlexMediaShare' click properties and then security. Adjust permissions as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.