Samba problem with NTFS drice

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabris

Cadet
In my server have 1 UFS and 2 NTFS drive.
I installed (first upgraded) new version 9.2.1.6 x64 version and newer to9.2.1.9.

The problem: before upgrade the two NTFS drive samba access from windows 7 worked perfectly.
With the new version I don't know erase files and directories in Windows from the server, from the NTFS drives.
The UFS drive work well.
The copy and make dir work correctly from Windows, only the erase/del and remove dir don't work
When I copy to the NTFS volume the system write error, the drive Read only or similar, but the copy work well, only the erase function wrong.

When I change the NTFS volume owner to guest, it work seemingly.
But the owner not changed, when I look once more.
Any help?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
NTFS volumes in FreeBSD are mounted read-only unless you use ntfs-3g. I don't think ntfs-3g is not installed in FreeNAS and so you are stuck with read-only access.

That being said, you want your file server to be reliable. This means using native file systems. Since UFS support is gone now. This means you should use ZFS. Using NTFS is not reliable on FreeBSD. If you want to use NTFS, get windows server.

gabris

Cadet
Thanks, but the write and mkdir are working, only the delete and remove dir are false. I don't understand why.

Status
Not open for further replies.