SABnzbd Plugin - changed port, now won't start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again all,

I have a working install of the SABnzbd plugin. It's been working well for a week or so, but I decided to change the port used by the application (via the normal GUI) so that I don't have to specify the port every time after my local domain name.

Unfortunately, changing the port from 8080 to 80 seems to have broken the plugin - the jail is accessible as normal, but the plugin no longer starts, and I haven't had any success starting it manually. I get the following error when trying to do so:

Code:
root@sabnzbd_2:/usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/share/sabnzbd/SABnzbd # python2.7 SABnzbd.py
The Python module Cheetah is required

Can anyone help me either start the plugin with the port set to 80, or advise how I can manually change the port back to 8080?

Thanks!

So, I was able to get the plugin to restart by manually modifying /var/db/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini to set the port back to 8080.

I am interested to know: has anybody been able to get this plugin to start on port 80, to avoid the need to specify the port each time?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
So, I was able to get the plugin to restart by manually modifying /var/db/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini to set the port back to 8080.

I am interested to know: has anybody been able to get this plugin to start on port 80, to avoid the need to specify the port each time?

In unix only root can bind to port <=1024. My plugin switches to a unprivileged user 'media' before the program tries to bind to a socket.

I suggest you run NGINX in one of your jails; this can run on port 80 and proxy to multiple webinterfaces running on different ports. For example when I manage sabnzbd I go to http://example.com/sabnzbd and sickbeard at http://example.com/sickbeard. If you search the web for 'jruehlig freenas' you can find a blog post where I show the steps I use on my system. If you don't want to copy my setup exactly you can just install/configure nginx, put everything on it's own webroot; this will take a bit of manual commands.

D

dlavigne

No plugins can run on port 80 as the FreeNAS GUI binds to all interfaces on port 80.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
No plugins can run on port 80 as the FreeNAS GUI binds to all interfaces on port 80.
this is partially true. freenas can bind to a port on a jail's virtual IP, but once the jail binds to a port on it's virtual IP it gets priority over the host system for that specific IP.

This is NOT the issue, the issue is only root can bind to port <=1024

for example the owncloud plugin runs on 80 cause apache binds to port 80 before dropping down to the 'www' user.

Status
Not open for further replies.