SABnzbd pkg update not available

diedrichg

Wizard
@Joshua Parker Ruehlig Thank you for updating the sabnzbdplus port to 2.3.8, but how do I update my installation? I'm running a 11.2 iocage custom jail where I originally installed using pkg install sabnzbdplus giving me 2.3.7. I've obviously run pkg update and pkg upgrade, but the 2.3.8 package isn't available.

What can I do, or what needs to be done to get the pkg repository to contain the latest version?

Because I used pkg install, can I run portsnap cd /usr/ports/news/sabnzbdplus/ && make install clean over top of my existing installation without overwriting my config.ini and rc.d files? Or is there an update command with make install?

danb35

Hall of Famer
What can I do, or what needs to be done to get the pkg repository to contain the latest version?
Mine is installed from the packages and is at 2.3.8. Make sure that /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf points to "latest" rather than "quarterly".

diedrichg

Wizard
Thank you, @danb35 that was the issue. I appreciate your suggestion!

danb35

Hall of Famer
I think there's a better way to make the change, but I don't recall the detail--I think @Jailer has posted it before though. I edit FreeBSD.conf as I described.