rsync permission problem after FreeNAS-11.3-U3

Elo

Contributor
I’m am struggling to get rsync to work after update to 11.3-U3. Although IO am not sure that the problem rose because of that since it is some time since I checked.

My scenario:

I ha two FreeNAS servers on my network and a Windows Server 2016 acting as AD etc.

Both FreeNAS servers are part of my domain and the shares hosted on the FreeNAS servers have windows file permissions and is owned by a domain user.

I have a couple of large file storages for films, pictures, documents, music etc and some of these I want to backup on the second FreeNAS server. In addition, I have only one server open to the internet for my external users. I have done this by the rsync functionality in FreeNAS keeping the slave copy always in sync with the main copy.

NOW I get errors ‘failed to set permissions on…’

I am not able to get it working and I have tried the following (both with the functionality in FreeNAS and through CLI :

rsync -aq -i --log-file= /mnt/Pool_1/musikk/rsyncklog_ny /mnt/Pool_1/musikk/ root@192.168.111.5:/mnt/Pool_1/serverbackups/musikk :

• Running as root on both sides
  • Changing the directory structure ownership to root from top to bottom
  • Changing permissions to 777
If I include the --no-p (do not change permissions) in the command line it seems to work.

I am out of ideas. Can someone pleas advice on tihs as I want to understand the issue.

Last edited: