rsync over ssh issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

geebzor

Cadet
Hello,

I'm running into some issues rsyncing over ssh from FreeNAS to an Rsync server.
FreeNAS-8.3.1-BETA3-x64 (r13264M)

I've run it from shell with no issues, ssh keys etc working, no issues..

However I cannot for the life of me work out how to do it via the gui.

/mnt/Main_Storage/storage2/ <user>@<server>:/home/<user>/storage2/ ssh push 38 11 Everyday Every month Everyday root storage2 True

This is the error I get;
Feb 15 11:38:00 freenas rsync: Bad port '-o'
Feb 15 11:38:00 freenas rsync: rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
Feb 15 11:38:00 freenas rsync: rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(605) [sender=3.0.9]

Can anyone shed some light on this ?

Cheers. :)

JaimieV

Guru
Have you tried it on the release version of 8.3.0? It may be an artifact of the current beta, looks like the gui and command line created are mismatched.

geebzor

Cadet
Have you tried it on the release version of 8.3.0? It may be an artifact of the current beta, looks like the gui and command line created are mismatched.

Hi JaimieV,
thanks for responding.

I haven't tried it yet, is it easy to "roll back" ?
Or am I going to break stuff :)

JaimieV

Guru
Very easy - use a different USB thumb for 8.3.0, and it's just a matter of shutdown, swap the thumb, power up. You'll need to do an "auto import" (under Storage) to get the ZFS array attached, and then any necessary other configuration like enabling rsync.

I don't know whether it's possible to save the 8.3.1 config and then load it into 8.3.0 - it's not something I'd try myself. For a storage device, I wouldn't use beta releases unless they have features you need, either. I'm very conservative with my data!

geebzor

Cadet
Unfortunately I've installed it on the hard-drive, as it's a virtual machine and I couldn't seem to get usb passthru to work on it.
Is there an upgrade or downgrade procedure for hardd drive installs ?

JaimieV

Guru
It's a VM? Just create a new VM, install 8.3.0, and attach the ZFS diskset to it. Or better, put that off until after you've verified that rsync works in 8.3.0 (which it does).

What dubious VM implementation are you using that won't do USB passthrough right? No issues here with VMware on Mac, Windows or bare metal (ESXi).

Also, you should raise a bug with the rsync issue after doing the experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.