robocopy ERROR 5 (0x00000005) Accessing Destination Directory after upgrade

bent98

Contributor
I've been using robocopy to back up files from win 10 to freenas from a number of year. Example command

robocopy "E:\back" "\\freenas\backup" /FFT /NDL /TEE /MIR /LOG:jazlog

I started to have an issue after a recent windows 10 update and updated from Truenas 12-U8.1 to 13-U3.1 at the same time. I tried rolling back the truenas to 12-u8.1 but problem still exsists.

I can map a network drive. Delete and add files to the network share no issues. I can see all the shares from windows networking when I browse.

Only robocopy gives me the issue. I tried on another pc and get the same error. I tried the net use command and also disconnecting shares and reconnecting to ensure Win 10 is logging in with the right credientials. I even tried setting up a user in TrueNas with the same name and passwork as my pc.

I'm not profcient in Unix. I went through the SMB tutorials to see if there was something I was missing but couldn't find anything.

I really need to get this working again. I'd appreciate it if someone can help.

Last edited:

sretalla