Restoring pool using backup drives

dbord

Dabbler
I am wanting to replace the drives in my main FreeNAS server. I have them backed up to drives on another server, but they pool layout is different than my main server, so I think I need to rearrange the data. Before I start monkeying around with this, I figured I should double check and make sure I am doing this the right way.

On the original drives I have a structure like this:
original_pool
\Media
\iocage

On by backup server it is
my_new_pool
\backup
\Media
\iocage

Do I just put the new drives(my_new_pool) in the server, recover the pool, and then move the Media and iocage datasets to the root of my_new_pool? Since the pool has a different name, how do I tell everyone to use the new pool?

Hopefully this question makes sense.... Thanks in advance!

dbord

Dabbler
Shoot, the indenting on my first post got wiped out.. Basically, Media, and iocage are in the backup dataset.

dbord

Dabbler
Ok, that didn't work, so I'm trying something different. I'm not trying rsync. Would love to hear feedback from the experts on what the best way to do this is. I feel like I'm not going down the right path.

sretalla