Resetting Pool Status in GUI

My single RAID 1 (2 x 4TB drives) data pool status shows as "Unhealthy" with a red X. After searching previous threads, I did the following:

Code:
root@truenas[~]# zpool status Alpha
  pool: Alpha
 state: ONLINE
status: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data
        corruption.  Applications may be affected.
action: Restore the file in question if possible.  Otherwise restore the
        entire pool from backup.
   see: https://openzfs.github.io/openzfs-docs/msg/ZFS-8000-8A
  scan: scrub repaired 0B in 06:41:13 with 0 errors on Sun Mar  5 06:41:15 2023
config:

NAME                                            STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        Alpha                                           ONLINE       0     0     0
          mirror-0                                      ONLINE       0     0     0
            gptid/f2181e9e-c344-11ec-bae2-902b3447e22d  ONLINE       0     0     0
            gptid/f2267ae1-c344-11ec-bae2-902b3447e22d  ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: 2 data errors, use '-v' for a list

The two files that are corrupted are NextCloud backup files that I do not need, however, the CLI freezes when I try to delete the two files.

I ran both a short and Extended SMART test on both drives and the tests completed successfully with no errors.

I also tried the zpool clear command and I also rebooted the system. However, the pool status remains as Unhealthy. How do I reset the status of the pool?

Bump. Is there any way to remove the two corrupt files? Is deleting the Nextcloud jail and iocage data set the best solution?

errors: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files:

/mnt/Alpha/iocage/jails/nextcloud/root/usr/local/www/nextcloud/data/updater-ocglo1yzhvnm/backups/nextcloud-25.0.1.1-1670527586/apps/workflowengine/composer/composer
/mnt/Alpha/iocage/jails/nextcloud/root/usr/local/www/nextcloud/data/updater-ocglo1yzhvnm/backups/nextcloud-25.0.1.1-1670527586/apps/workflowengine/appinfo

Alecmascot

Guru
so you went into the jail and deleted the files?
Best use Putty or WinSCP.

No, I cannot delete the files in the web based CLI, SSH, or WinSCP.

Alecmascot

Guru
do you get any kind of an error with WinSCP ?
What are the file properties with Win SCP ?

Have you run another scrub? It looks like the previous scrub was from a month ago. I'd manually run a scrub for the entire pool and see what it reports back.

do you get any kind of an error with WinSCP ?
What are the file properties with Win SCP ?
No, WinSCP freezes when I navigate to the folder. I also tried Filezilla, which does not freeze, but I cannot navigate beyond the workflowengine directory (shown in the path listed in post #2).
The permissions are drwxr-x--- www:www

Alecmascot

Guru
Scrub sounds like a good idea.

The scrub completed in 6 hours and sent me an email:

New alerts:
* Pool Alpha state is ONLINE: One or more devices has experienced an
unrecoverable error. An attempt was made to correct the error. Applications
are unaffected.

Current alerts:
* Pool Alpha state is ONLINE: One or more devices has experienced an
unrecoverable error. An attempt was made to correct the error. Applications
are unaffected.
zpool status -v shows:

scan: scrub repaired 0B in 06:30:15 with 0 errors on Tue Apr 4 02:53:54 2023
errors: No known data errors

The pool status continues to show unhealthy with a red X. I entered zpool clear Alpha and the red X is now a green check-mark.

However, the corrupt files are still present and the CLI freezes if I try to delete them.

However, the corrupt files are still present and the CLI freezes if I try to delete them.
You tried to delete them as the root user?

If you use SSH, does the SSH session also "freeze"?

Did you check for errors in your drives using S.M.A.R.T. tests and the error log?

Yes
You tried to delete them as the root user? Yes

If you use SSH, does the SSH session also "freeze"? Yes

Did you check for errors in your drives using S.M.A.R.T. tests and the error log? Yes, no errors found in an extended test. Attached are the results.

Attachments

• drive1.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 78
  • drive2.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 99
Is there any way to delete the two files with permanent errors? I am unable to install any NextCloud updates because these two files exist.