"Reporting" not showing interface performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiceTry

Explorer
My FreeNAS 8 installation is up and performing well but the reporting panels do not show the network interface.

Is there anything special I have to do to activate interface reporting?

Tekkie

Patron
Nothing special, do you have more than 1 NIC installed? If so the unused NIC will report 0 activity, if you disable it in your BIOS you should see only the active interface in the reports.

NOTE: The reporting page is extremely sensitive to browser caching! Try to delete the browser cache to get a forced refresh of it.

NiceTry

Explorer
Thanks, Tekkie.

One NIC, the built-in Gbit. It is shows up as "re0" and I named it "em0." Is there sensitivity to the assigned name?

I deleted the cache and reloaded the page. No interface panel. None, nada, not even an empty "Interface" panel. Got some nice CPU, Loading, Memory and Disk panels though.

NT

Tekkie

Patron
Where and how did you rename the NIC?

NiceTry

Explorer
Under the "Network Settings" tab, "Interfaces" to see the NIC, "Edit" to see the NIC details. Entered the name and rebooted.

aparmley

Cadet
I too am not able to see the interface graph. I've tried all that I can think of including deleting my cache. any help would be appreciated.

billm

Dabbler
I'm using 8.0.1 B4. The reporting tab was not working at all because I had upgraded from 8.0 and that was one of the things that failed during the upgrades.
After I did a fresh install of 8.0.1 B4 and re-entered all my settings by hand, the reporting tab worked properly and I show usage for both nics and the lagg0 interface too.
If you want to use the Beta 4 version, I'd suggest installing to a different boot drive than your current drive so you can go back if needed.
Also, it takes some time after the initial boot before the Reporting tab works. Give it 15 min or half an hour. I'm not sure of the exact time required.

NiceTry

Explorer
Thanks for the lead. I think I'll wait for 8.0.1 release.

Tekkie

Patron
I have 8.0.1B4 and reporting is working just fine no problems at all, mine was a clean install from scratch.

Dizzy49

Dabbler
I have: FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p1
I have a Supermicro board with 2x Intel NICS
I have Link Aggregation set up "lagg0 (lacp: em0, em1)"
Under Interfaces I have:
Interface: lagg0
Name: lagg0
DHCP: True
IPv4 Address: <blank>
IPv6 Auto: False
IPv6 Address: <blank>
Options: <blank>

I've cleared my cache, tried couple computers (one I never logged into the FreeNAS GUI with before). Still no Interface report.

Suggestions?

Dizzy49

Dabbler
FreeNAS-8.0-RELEASE-amd64

I didn't even realize that it said FreeBSD before :P

billm

Dabbler
Unfortunately, I only ran 8.0 release 64 briefly. My recollection which is flakey is that Reports on the 32bit version worked for me, but the 64 bit didn't. I quickly went to the beta releases, so I don't have more to offer.
If you do decide to run beta 4, be sure to read other posts about upgrading. In general, a fresh install of beta 4 with a manual entry of settings is required for good results.

Dizzy49

Dabbler
I'm kind of a newb, so I don't think I want to mess with manual entries. I'll just live without the report for now.

chucktryon

Dabbler
Network Interface shows up... eventually

Just wanted to confirm what someone else said: I'm using FreeNAS-8.0.1-RC1-amd64 (7508). I switched network cards to use the internal NIC, and when I restarted the system I had to use the console interface to define the internal interface. Once I did that though, the card STILL didn't show up on the Web GUI. However, after waiting for a half hour or so, I went back to the reporting tab, and it was suddenly there!

Not sure what the delay is caused by, but I'm guessing that the Web interface has to gather some amount of data before it will generate the graph.

In any event, it's working great now.

Status
Not open for further replies.