Replication to a local volume

Status
Not open for further replies.
For background, I have 6 drives:

4x 1 tb in a RaidZV2
2x 1 tb in a Raid 0

I have set up periodic snapshot that occur on my RaidZV2 volume. Is it possible to use a replication or rsync task to sync them to my Raid 0 volume? If so, how would I go about doing it?

Thanks,
Kevin

ben

FreeNAS GUI Developer
http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Replication_Tasks Although these docs are about remote replication, the principle is the same. I'm not sure if the GUI is set up for local replication, but if it's not I believe you can configure a task like that using a cron job and just leave out the ssh bits (ie just do ZFS send/receive with the two local volumes).

Thanks for that info! I was able to set up a replication task using the SSH key from my server. I guess I just wait to see if it starts transfering the snapshots?

-Kevin

ben

FreeNAS GUI Developer
It seems silly to authenticate against the local machine, but if it works, it works. Definitely check whenever it's scheduled to be sure it's working before relying on it.

freshfeesh

Explorer
Kevin - so did it work? Are you still using authenticating the local backup? I was going to post this question had I not found your post. Thanks.

Sorry for never reporting back. Life got hectic.

I ended up not using FreeNa. So I didn't really fiddle with making it work. Post the question again and maybe someone will be able to give you a more thorough answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.