Exactly 1 Periodic Snapshot task & 2 Replication Tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter

Explorer
I have exactly 1 periodic (recursive) snapshot task, and have now created 2 replication tasks for the snapshots its been creating: 1 replication goes to a 2nd FreeNAS server (PULL), and a 2nd replication is for a recently added external drive attached to my 1st FreeNAS server (i.e. an external drive attached to my PUSH server).

The first replication task seems to stay in sync, but the 2nd, did not.

Should it be possible for the 2nd replication task to stay in sync? Or is it impossible for the same reason that more than 1 periodic snapshot task of the same dataset, cannot be replicated?

hunter

Explorer
No, still having problems. The best I could do was use rsync or use the command line to manually put new Snapshots on the extra drive.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Tysken

Dabbler
I want to replicate my importent datasets to 2 differnt systems the first my main backup server (local) and the second is my remote backup system. is this possible from the gui?
I have been trying to find some info about this but i cant find anything, and cant get it to work ether.
My guess is that there are more than me wanting to do the same thing?

Any sugestions ore is this not possible?

hunter

Explorer
The best I was able to do was one replication task syncing fine and a command line to manually put a snapshot on the extra drive using this command:

zfs send -i pool/dataset@auto-20140428.0900-5w pool/dataset@auto-20140512.0900-5w | zfs receive bckupPool/dataset@auto-20140512.0900-5w

For me, both pools are on the same FreeNAS box so the above command works great. If the 2nd pool was on another box, I surmise ssh could be used to manually send the snapshot to the remote box.

Status
Not open for further replies.