SOLVED Replication Task stuck 'Running'

Metheos

Cadet
I have a couple of replication tasks that are stuck showing 'Running' on the source machine. Version: FreeNAS-11.3-U3.1

Checking for running processes and network activity show nothing related to these replication tasks on the source or target servers.

Is there some way to clear the 'Running' state on these jobs so they can be started again?

NasKar

Guru
It maybe it's replicating a large dataset so its taking a long time. If you run zfs list on the source it will tell you the size of the dataset and then you can run it on the destination to see where it's at.

Metheos

Cadet
It maybe it's replicating a large dataset so its taking a long time. If you run zfs list on the source it will tell you the size of the dataset and then you can run it on the destination to see where it's at.
There does not appear to be any running zfs or ssh tasks or network activity on the receiving end.

Metheos

Cadet
I tried deleting one of the stuck tasks, which it let me do suprisingly... Then I recreated the task, but when I run it i get this message in the logs:
Code:
 can't execute in parallel with already running tasks, delaying it

I set up a 'pull' replication task on the remote side for the same data and it worked without issue. I can't set the option to hold pending snapshots doing it this way though, so I'd still like to find a solution to clear whatever has the replication service convinced there is something replicating.

Metheos

Cadet
If anyone runs into this in the future, I was able to unstick it by running
Code:
midclt call zettarepl.stop
midclt call zettarepl.start

This apparently cleared up whatever the blockage was.

CheeryFlame

Contributor
If anyone runs into this in the future, I was able to unstick it by running
Code:
midclt call zettarepl.stop
midclt call zettarepl.start

This apparently cleared up whatever the blockage was.
Doesn't work on Scale in 2023.