Replication task scheduling confusion

rudds

Dabbler
I'm having a hard time understanding how the scheduling of periodic snapshot tasks and replication tasks works together (or perhaps doesn't) and hoping someone can help explain.

To put it simply, I have FreeNAS taking snapshots of my main storage pool every hour, and I want to set up a replication task to replicate 100% of those snapshots between 11pm and 5am. Is this actually possible? But f I'm understanding correctly, my options are to either replicate each of those snapshots at the time it's created, or to only replicate the snapshots that are taken between 11pm and 5am.

If "replicate 100% of this dataset's snapshots, but only between these hours" is possible to achieve, I'm not sure how to set it up. Do I need to unbind the periodic snapshot task and just manually specify its naming schema in the rep task along with a custom schedule?

MikeyG

Patron
Do I need to unbind the periodic snapshot task and just manually specify its naming schema in the rep task along with a custom schedule?

Yes. This is what I did. It does work, but took a bit for me to figure out. There are more options in the new UI, but for me it is much less intuitive.

1586922594277.png

rudds

Dabbler
Yes. This is what I did. It does work, but took a bit for me to figure out. There are more options in the new UI, but for me it is much less intuitive.

View attachment 37553

Thanks for the info, I had a feeling it was something like that. The new scheduler is pretty confusing and unintuitive, but I've got it doing exactly what I want now.