Replication stuck in a loop? (Keeps repeating)

Status
Not open for further replies.

helloha

Contributor
I have this weird issue where a replication task keeps repeating itself over and over again, the same snapshot is being transferred to the backup server. It goes to a 100% and then it starts again, the snapshot with the same name.

What would be a way to troubleshoot this?

Thx!
K.

D

dlavigne

FreeNAS build version (System -> Information)? Replication Task settings? Periodic Snapshot Task settings?

helloha

Contributor
The data replication worked without issues for about a year. Then last week I was forced to do a shutdown of both servers during a replication and then the issue started. I didn't think much of the shutdown because I read on the forum that the replication would just start from scratch again...

1.png

2.png

3.png

D

dlavigne

In that case, it sounds like it is stuck. To unstick it, check the box to "Delete stale snapshots on remote system".

helloha

Contributor
I did this two days ago without success... Is there any way to check this using the cmd line?

I'd hate to have to replicate the entire server again because it is almost 20TB...

Last edited:

helloha

Contributor
Also, is this the kind of behaviour you would get when the pool was full on the target server? Because it might be, but the source pool is not full, i guess there are old snapshots on there taking up space that have been deleted locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.