Replication process was reset to 0 after server reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

shnurov

Explorer
I'm trying to understand something - I've been replicating 4.4TB via WAN for the past two days to test out the connection, etc. Now I had to perform a reboot on the PULL server and upon completion the replication picked up again. The Volume manager on the PULL server now shows ~1.5GB replicated (and going up) instead of 150GB right before I processed the reboot.

Am I correct to assume that if there's an issue with the replication ssh tunnel link it gets all dropped and goes back to 0? Instead of picking up where it stopped.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Replication can't pick up where it left off. It's an all or nothing deal.

shnurov

Explorer
Alright!

Now it seems like I have another issue where it just get stuck on 'waiting' - I had done a lot of work around trying different settings and such, but no success so far :(

D

dlavigne

Please post a screenshot of what you mean by waiting. Also, which build (from System -> Information)?

shnurov

Explorer
Here it is.
SSH and all is working - at this point it's a bit weird as it did work when I was home this morning - came into the office to force the 4.4TB copy over GBit LAN vs 10Mbit WAN and changed the 'remote' hostname and nothing else.

When I do the SSH test I get to this error screen that just keeps rolling:
Code:
debug1: client_input_channel_req: channel 0 rtype keepalive@openssh.com reply 1 
debug2: tcpwinsz: 66608 for connection: 4

When I try to manually send a snapshot I get:
Code:
zfs send set4tb/Photo@auto-20160113.1200-3w | ssh -i /data/ssh/replication 192.168.0.198 zfs receive remote/Photo@auto-20160113.1200-3w

cannot receive new filesystem stream: destination 'remote/Photo' exists must specify -F to overwrite it
warning: cannot send 'set4tb/Photo@auto-20160113.1200-3w': Broken pipe

Both systems are on

FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201602020212

replication%20stuck.jpg

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

cannot receive new filesystem stream: destination 'remote/Photo' exists must specify -F to overwrite it

It looks like it is stuck there. If you check the box to "Delete stale snapshots on remote system" in the replication task, that should unstick it.

shnurov

Explorer
I had tried both checked and unchecked with no success.
Oddly enough this is not an issue I had when the Pull server was at home and everything was going over WAN.

jamiejunk

Contributor
I've had weird problems with the Freenas replication for a while. Lots of times transfers wouldn't happen, but I wouldn't have much info to troubleshoot with. So I started using zxfer instead and everything has been great. Running it for a few months now.

shnurov

Explorer
Small update - this morning at 2am EST the recent update was pushed a second time with the same fixes - FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201602031011.

Updated both systems and immediately started getting e-mails saying 'replication failure, remote system unavailable' - once the replication system got up it started! Woohoo!

Now my next step is to replicate between an archive QNAP and the Freenas - hopefully I can get them to talk directly to each other without going through a Windows system.

Status
Not open for further replies.