Replication NFS and Failover

cyber.claw

Cadet
I'm looking for some advice guys :)

I currently have a redhat oVirt cluster (2 compute nodes and 1 storage node). The storage node is freenas. I'm building a second freenas node (a backup as the current one is a single point of failure) to replicate data to which will have cheaper slower disks in it.

My requirement is in the event of a failure, there will be an outage yes but I can switch to using the backup freenas host that I've been replicating to.

When I switch to the backup freenas server at first I thought I can just make it primary and adjust the DNS entries referenced by the oVirt config. However, it's not the simple because they also ref the NFS export paths which will be different as there are different pool layouts on the backup nas.

So my question is how do you deal with this? Is there a way I can fake an NFS path on the backup NAS to make it look like it was on the primary NAS? Changing the oVirt config is a real pain and would take a lot of time in a failover scenario. I thought about using symlinks but they don't seem to be work in the FreeNAS UI, I suppose I could be some manual command line stuff I could do to expose the symlink.

Any ideas?