Replication Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasayaki

Explorer
Edit: Solved! See latest post.

So, I have two pools; a main one and a backup. The idea is for various datasets to be replicated to the backup pool when necessary. So far there are two of these.

One dataset ("Creative") replicates successfully, the other ("Personal") doesn't. Personal just sets its status to "Waiting", with "Last snapshot sent to remote side" empty. No errors appear in the Alert screen, the ZFS snapshots screen reports that the replication was okay, but the data doesn't appear on the other side.

Apart from the dataset in question, and the lifetime of the periodic snapshots, as far as I can tell they're essentially identical. No idea why Personal doesn't want to work or how to test it.

Screenshots:

Creative snapshot:
g0aH20m.png

Personal snapshot:
fu5Fl0G.png

Replication tasks:
Q0rvTRt.png

Snapshots (which show the replication as "OK"):
fyQmCA9.png

Any ideas? :/ If anyone needs more information, I can provide it.

J

jkh

What version of FreeNAS (on both ends)? This is always a key piece of information. :)

Sasayaki

Explorer
Ahh! Forgot that.

It is a local replication (destination: localhost) and the version is FreeNAS-9.2.1.5-RELEASE-x64 (80c1d35)

Sasayaki

Explorer
I noticedthat the HDD and network lights are constantly flashing, as though it were attempting to replicate something but just getting really stuck, constantly writing to the drive. I checked the usage statistics and it seems as though it's currently writing like crazy, even though this disk has literally nothing on it except the replicated snapshots.

Really not sure what's going on. I could try destroy the backup pool but I'm not sure that would help.

iGDvRL1.png

Sasayaki

Explorer
Solved!

I let it run the whole day and eventually everything carried across. It seems as though if you have many snapshots and initiate replication, it can take a LONG time to copy across the empty snapshots. Once it's done, though, everything is fine.

Thanks to everyone who helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.