Replication fails because of quota on the target system

Status
Not open for further replies.

hokan

Dabbler
I have a source FreeNAS system and a target system. The sole purpose of the target system is to accept replications from the source system -- to act as a backup. I created identical pools on each system and set up replication from source to target. I didn't create any datasets nor set any quotas on the target system. The datasets and quotas that exist on the target system were put their by replication processes.

Today I increased the quota on a volume on the source system from 1G to 1T and put about 381G of stuff there. Now replication is failing because the volume on the target system is 1G.

This seems odd to me. Shouldn't the replication process replicate quotas as well as data?

Perhaps I've done something wrong. Suggestions?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
quota's are a dataset property you need to change it on the recv side also.

hokan

Dabbler
I guess I'm confused. I never set any dataset properties on the target system. Does that mean that attributes are established by the initial replication and thereafter I need to manualy update the target system with changed attributes? If that's so, is there an easy way to tell the differences so I can make those changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.