Replaced Drive, Reslivering, Old Drive Still in the Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDMcGrew

Dabbler
Good morning,

I have a failed drive in my box from a few days ago. I had to shut the box down last night to physically move it and decided to put the new drive in while it was down. The old drive is still in the box, as I did not note the serial number before I shutdown (yes, my bad).

The the box came back up I clicked on the dead drive, replace and picked the new drive. da7 is the new disk. And now the array is reslivering but still shows degraded.

Two questions (screenshot attached):

1) Once the array is done reslivering do I just detach the 7068... drive and remove it? Or is there another way to get the failed drive out of the array?

2) Once the array is done reslivering and the old drive is gone, can I assume it'll go back to a healthy state?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-13 at 9.35.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-13 at 9.35.50 AM.png
    266.7 KB · Views: 165

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
The array is degraded until the resilver is complete. Once the array is back on line, it will show healthy. You can just yank the drive that is no longer in use.

BDMcGrew

Dabbler
Thanks, that is kind of what I was hoping for. So I don't need to detach it or anything like that, just pull it and FreeNAS will figure out the dead disk is gone?

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Thanks, that is kind of what I was hoping for. So I don't need to detach it or anything like that, just pull it and FreeNAS will figure out the dead disk is gone?
If not, come back and visit us, and we will figure it out. Either way, it will be no big deal.

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
So I don't need to detach it or anything like that
ZFS will automatically offline the old drive when resilvering is complete. It's part of a procedure described in the documentation for expanding a pool by replacing drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.