Recent Nightly-11 Updates - Fatal Python error: failed to get random numbers to initialize Python

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamdoh

Dabbler
Bug report filed! [Bug #25928]

------
Hi all,

After recent (?16-17 September) FreeNAS-11 nightly updates; when the system reboots, the following happens:

A) I get a series of errors as follows:

Code:
pid xyz* (python3.6), uid 0: exited on signal 6 (core dumped)

• * xyz = Random sequential string number.
Code:
Abort trap (core dumped)
Fatal Python error: failed to get random numbers to initialize Python

After that, I get an endless flood of the pid xyz* (python3.6), uid 0: exited on signal 6 (core dumped), even after force restarting the system several times, and FreeNAS never loads.

B) I also get a few additional (?cause vs effect) errors in the console like:

Code:
root: /etc/rc: WARNING: failed precmd routine for minio
collectd[3005]: plugin_load: Could not find plugin "zfs_arc_v2" in /usr/local/lib/collectd
root: /etc/rc: WARNING: failed to start collectd

This happened on two different systems: a physical system (FreeNAS Mini XL) and a virtual system (VirtualBox on a MacOS Sierra).

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks,
Mamdoh

Last edited:

jclendineng

Explorer
Same thing happened to me, might have to revert to an earlier build (ie. wipe and reinstall ;) )

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
File a bug report, please. Post the issue number here afterwards. And be aware that the nightlies are unstable and mostly unsupported.

jclendineng

Explorer
No ones complaining or debating the fact that "nightlies" mean "nightlies" ;) I would not be running nightlies if I did not enjoy breaking stuff. Its just a python bug, will be fixed next nightly. Probably why its posted in PRE-release discussion if I had to guess.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

jclendineng

Explorer
Sweet, I went back to official builds for now till the beta bug hits me. Its a 10 minute process to format and reinstall since jails are so dang easy to migrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.