Randomly started getting NTP errors - Time offset from AD?

NOTORIOUS VR

Cadet
Running in a VM: TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.0

So out of no where about 2 weeks ago I started getting the following Alert:

Domain validation failed with error: [EFAULT] Time offset from Active Directory domain exceeds maximum permitted value. This may indicate an NTP misconfiguration

However nothing has changed in my configuration what so ever - uptime on my stack is 66 days (had a major power outage) but the setup has been running for 2-3 months before that shut down and never had this issue either.

I've attempted to remove the domain controller from the NTP list and adding it again, I've added my pfsense box which is running an NTP service (which ESXi syncs to) as well... No dice.

I have no idea why this randomly started and FreeNAS is the only box complaining so the issue must be with it. Checking in the shell with the date command the time and date is correct as well so I'm at a loss what to do next.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Running in a VM: TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.0

So out of no where about 2 weeks ago I started getting the following Alert:

Domain validation failed with error: [EFAULT] Time offset from Active Directory domain exceeds maximum permitted value. This may indicate an NTP misconfiguration

However nothing has changed in my configuration what so ever - uptime on my stack is 66 days (had a major power outage) but the setup has been running for 2-3 months before that shut down and never had this issue either.

I've attempted to remove the domain controller from the NTP list and adding it again, I've added my pfsense box which is running an NTP service (which ESXi syncs to) as well... No dice.

I have no idea why this randomly started and FreeNAS is the only box complaining so the issue must be with it. Checking in the shell with the date command the time and date is correct as well so I'm at a loss what to do next.

I'd first update to 22.02.2....... there have been many hundreds of bug fixes. See if the problem still exists.

NOTORIOUS VR

Cadet
I'd first update to 22.02.2....... there have been many hundreds of bug fixes. See if the problem still exists.

Fair enough - I figured I'd ask first since this issue appeared out of no where and maybe looking into it before updating might be the best idea.

when I have a min to take down the VM for a snapshot and perform the update I will post back here to update the thread.

Thank you