Random Dataset Snapshots Failing

EarthBoundX5

Cadet
I just upgraded my primary FreeNAS instance to 11.3-U1 and am not getting failures on many of my Datasets.

I have 4x instances of FreeNAS in my environment at home. 2x Testing only FreeNAS VMs and 2x Dell R510s running FreeNAS for my data (One is Primary, the other is Backup). With every update, I always apply it to my Test VMs first, wait a few days, apply to my Backup, wait a few days, and then apply to my primary. I try to wait a month after an update is released before applying, and try and wait till a U1 (+1 month) for any major version changes.

Upgrading my Test VMs did present an error during the upgrade process from 11.2-U8 to 11.3-U1 that made me decide to use the manual upgrade package process. I upgraded both Test VMs, including the ZFS pools, and waited. I had no issues, apart from needing to recreate SSH keys for replication. But I don't use replication in my primary FreeNASes, only Rsync (which had no issues with my Test VMs).

I upgrade my backup without any issues (it doesn't use snapshots, just Rsync everything in one go monthly). Then I upgraded my primary FreeNAS. I had no issues until apparently after I went ahead with upgrading the ZFS pool. Rsync of course still works, but now 3/4 of my Datasets are failing Snapshots and I cannot browse Previous Versions in Windows on any of these datasets.

What's strange is that some datasets are behaving normal without issue...and not being well versed in FreeBSD and really only being Intermediate with FreeNAS...I want to throw my hands up and reach out the community before messing around with all my data.

The errors I am getting are as follows...note this is just one Snapshot Task example.
Code:
CRITICAL
Snapshot Task For Dataset "Primary/Video" failed: cannot create snapshot 'Primary/Video@auto-20200314.0000-2w': dataset already exists cannot create snapshot 'Primary/Video/DVDs@auto-20200314.0000-2w': dataset already exists cannot create snapshot 'Primary/Video/Movies@auto-20200314.0000-2w': dataset already exists cannot create snapshot 'Primary/Video/Assorted Videos@auto-20200314.0000-2w': dataset already exists cannot create snapshot 'Primary/Video/Anime@auto-20200314.0000-2w': dataset already exists cannot create snapshot 'Primary/Video/TV Shows@auto-20200314.0000-2w': dataset already exists no snapshots were created..
Sat, 14 Mar 2020 12:00:01 AM (America/Chicago)

Completely guessing here, but I'm wondering if it's because of how I have my Snapshots and datasets configured. I have one main dataset over 2x vdevs, and under it a bunch of datasets depending on the type of data.

I'll provide any and all information that is relevant, I just am not sure what to add that is needed. Attached is a picture of my Snapshot Tasks, with some expanded.

Attachments

• 2020-03-14 21_47_31-FreeNAS - nasp1svr.png
    2020-03-14 21_47_31-FreeNAS - nasp1svr.png
    69.1 KB · Views: 219

EarthBoundX5

Cadet
Just bumping this thread.

I've not had time to look further, so no new details to provide; other than to say the errors continue to prompt on the same datasets.