Quick validation of parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

krikboh

Patron
You listed a socket 1150 processor and a socket 1155 mobo. Need to change one to match the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skynet5

Cadet
Hmm stupid me. Its in my basket wrong too, although I shouldn't have got that wrong.

Swopped it to http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Anything else that I should change for the sake of a few £/$?

Also: I actually have a 1TB older Seagate that I don't use anymore. What I'm thinking is before I put this box into production, while playing around basically, can I just use this one drive?

I'm basically planning on using this for:
NAS (music to Sonos). We have backups of music (mine - iTunes Match & girlfriends - external HDD/Laptop etc) and photos just on a couple of USB sticks and another external HDD.
also
I want to run a drupal site https://drupal.org/project/openatrium on MySQL inside a FreeNAS jail. Is this possible?

krikboh

Patron
Yeah that is a desktop board that doesn't support ECC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

A few comments:

Low-end Corsair PSUs aren't particularly good (they're not dangerous, just cheap, with all good and bad implications). At these wattages, I recommend the Seasonic G-360 (it's good for up to ~10 5400RPM HDDs) or the Seasonic G-450 (if you want modular cables, which the G-360 lacks). Quality is much better than low-end Corsair and output is also improved.

The Supermicro chassis looks a bit overpriced and light on the features.

The USB drive you picked is a bit more than you need for FreeNAS (not a big deal, especially since it's discounted) and is said to be very, very slow. Small drives typically are insanely slow. Shouldn't really be a problem, but keep that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.