Questions on email status reports 8.0.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

PosGuy

Dabbler
I'm trying to get the email status reports working in 8.0.4

I have changed the root email to my own

I have configured the email server settings and can send a test email

I have added '-m root' to my member disks in smart options.

Smart service is on and its settings are as follows: check interval - 30, power mode - never, difference - 0, informal - 20, critical - 0 and my email address.

I'm curious as to what defines the interval the system will send logs at? I set this up hours ago and 20*C should be triggered easily as it is below room temp. I know email was broken in 8.0.1 but I read it was fixed in 8.0.2. I've seen a couple scripts floating around intended to be set up as a cron job but I wanted to go with built in features if at all possible to keep the upgrade process simple.

Any info would be helpful. I'm just about out of space at work and we need to start moving to this new server for network storage but I don't want to be without hard drive monitoring.

Thanks,

PosGuy

PosGuy

Dabbler
So i changed critical to 22 and now it is getting triggered. However it is just an alert email for the temp. Does anyone know what controls the full status report timing? There doesn't seem to be a gui options and I'm not very knowledgeable about freenas and haven't mess with linux for years.

Also in my reading/testing I figured out the informal just writes to logs, it is the critical temp that actually triggers the email.

Status
Not open for further replies.