Question for those who have cross-flashed a PERC H200e

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubnetMask

Contributor
I just got an H200e controller to allow me to hook up an external JBOD enclosure to my FreeNAS. I found several guides out there on cross flashing it to LSI firmware, and that went fine for the most part. The first time I tried to flash it, it failed to flash the IT mode firmware, probably because I had the wrong version of SAS2FLSH. Got the right version and after confirming that I did in fact want to flash the different firmware type, it flashed ok, and was recognized in Windows as a SAS HBA after I booted the machine (had it in a machine that is running Windows for the flashing).

It seems to be working fine as I tested the JBOD enclosure with a few disks and the disks were recognized in all slots.

The question for those that have cross flashed these: afterwards, did the 'Port Status' LEDs stay lit amber afterwards? It doesn't seem right that they are lit amber regardless of if the ports are connected or not, but they could be something that's only implemented on the Dell version of the cards and the LSI firmware doesn't handle them right.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
afterwards, did the 'Port Status' LEDs stay lit amber afterwards? It doesn't seem right that they are lit amber regardless of if the ports are connected or not, but they could be something that's only implemented on the Dell version of the cards and the LSI firmware doesn't handle them right.
The status LEDs are handled by the RAID firmware which is not there now. The card passes all drive data to the operating system and the OS doesn't know anything about the drive status LED to be able to set the status.

Status
Not open for further replies.