Prompt for User Input on Plugin/Jail Install

Volte

Dabbler
Hey folks!

I've been dabbling in creating Plugins, which has been fairly fun. I enjoy doing this because I have a few jails I like to set up and I want repeatability in-case I have to reinstall them. I make it a point to make the jails very reusable by mounting data/metadata/config directories into the jails. Coincidentally, I was/am fairly uninformed when it came to FreeNAS and "best practices", despite using it for many years. I've only seen mention of using mount points here and there. Maybe things have changed regarding documentation.

Anyhow, so I'm building a few jails (such as Fail2Ban, and most recently SeaFile—a work in progress, not ready for production use), and I'm curious if there is a way to prompt for user input during the installation of a jail/plugin. For example, possibly asking the user if they want to use MariaDB vs MySQL when installing SeaFile, and asking for (maybe optionally?) paths to data/config directories to then mount in the jail upon running.

I've read the blog post on Plugin Development, some of the official documentation, and a couple of other resources around the web, but haven't found anything regarding that.

I'm on 11.3-U1, for the record, but have been dabbling in this since 11.2 with iocage.