Problems with upgrading OpenSSL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I'm busy with installing a jail for an automated sub seeking application based on Python. Everything is going good untill the application starts downloading the sub. On every site he's asking for a download there's an SSL handshake failure. So after using my good friend Google i've found out that an outdated version of OpenSSL is causing this. So when i'm doing the following, i'm getting this:
Code:
openssl
OpenSSL> version
OpenSSL 0.9.8za-freebsd 5 Jun 2014 

I've tried updating it with pkg install openssl, but that doesn't update the version. I've found out that you have to update it through ports. So i've done this, but whenever i'm doing make install in usr/ports/security/openssl i'm getting the following:
Code:
"/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk", line 1045: Unknown directive
Unknown modifier 't'

Variable .CURDIR is recursive.

So after doing nano +1045 /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk, it's leading me to the following;
Code:
LANG=  C
LC_ALL=  C
.export  LANG LC_ALL

What's causing this error? On Google i can't find anything usefull about this, so maybe there's someone here who knows more?

There also a lot of people who're saying you have to update FreeNAS to an more newer version, but i wanted to make sure if there's another solution to update openssl in a jail.

I've decided to upgrade FreeNAS to FreeNAS-9.10.2-U6 and this fixed the above. It also updated OpenSSL to an newer version. If i did know it was that easy to upgrade.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.