Problems with importing existing volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durkatlon

Patron
I'm also not sure that you would be able to mount the laptop harddrive from Ubuntu. Does Ubuntu come natively with kernel support for the UFS filesystem?

ProtoSD

MVP
Does Ubuntu come natively with kernel support for the UFS filesystem?

Yes, one of the commands below should work. Its been awhile so I don't remember which one it was. The trick is to find the correct partition/name or it won't mount. So on Ubuntu it would be named something like 'sda1' or 'sdb1' or 2. I'm not sure if 'fdisk -l /dev/sda' for example will show UFS partitions.

sudo mount -r -t ufs -o ufstype=ufs2 /dev/<partition> <mount point>

sudo mount -r -t ufs -o ufstype=44bsd /dev/<partition> <mount point>

stusse

Dabbler
bump

bump! 1234256

Hi all,

I used an earlier version of Freenas about a year ago, and accidently turned off the web interface and local console. This made me unable to access it so I just left it. Today I'm working to recover all info. It was a laptop with freenas installed in the harddrive and two external USB harddrives as extra volumes. I think I used UFS as fs.

I have now installed Freenas 8 on a USB stick (NICE gui btw) and encounter problems when trying to import the existing volumes. I can't find any of them! I try auto import and it doesn't find any of them, and I try the import volumes button as well, but it says an error was encountered. I believe the drives and systems should be all good, no faults of any kind. But I can't find them! Any clues? Please tell me what to clarify.

Many thanks and kind regards
s

Status
Not open for further replies.