Problem with updating Radarr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazza

Cadet
Hm well, I can't even get the tlstest.cs supporting TLS1.2 you reference to compile, but using a simple webclient test I have no issues reaching github.com whatsoever:
You're right - the tlstest.cs script seems to not be compatible with TLS 1.2 - though I could get it to compile on my system. I left Radarr compiling from ports overnight on the test jail, and that works fine with mono 5.12. I can finally check for updates! Downgrading to mono 5.10 brings back the TLS errors.

Thanks to all for the help.

NasKar

Guru
It seems the 5.12 review for mono I referenced in my previous post has been changed to use an older version, as can also be seen on the page itself now:

For me, the 5.12 version has been working fine. So if anyone feels like giving it a try, I tarred all the 'old' 5.12 files and uploaded them here: https://ufile.io/2xgp3
Short instructions:
  1. Move all your current mono ports files to a temp backup dir: mkdir /tmp/bkup && mv /usr/ports/lang/mono/* /tmp/bkup/
  2. Get the downloaded file into your iocage running mono
  3. Extract the 5.12 files: tar zxvf <location-of-downloaded-file> -C /
  4. cd /usr/ports/lang/mono and continue on from step 6 in my previous post, in short:
  5. make deinstall
  6. make reinstall
  7. make clean
Thanks chippy for this. I created a script to automate the update of a jail with mono 5.12 based on your directions. It takes about 1/2 hr on my system. The master branch will create a fresh jail with mono 5.12.

Last edited:

Kiskaa

Dabbler
@NasKar
Hi there,

Thankyou for taking the time to make your scripts and upload to Github for others to use, im sure they`ll come in handy for many people.
I have a couple of questions if you dont mind (Im new to FreeNas, and not a big Linux user either, so a bit green there too)

In your GitWiki instructions, it says
JAIL_IP="192.168.5.55"
DEFAULT_GW_IP="192.168.5.1"
INTERFACE="igb0"
VNET="off"
POOL_PATH="/mnt/v1"
JAIL_NAME="mono"
SONARR_DATA="sonarrdata"
RADARR_DATA="radarrdata"
LIDARR_DATA="lidarrdata"
SABNZBD_DATA="sabnzbddata"

Can I just clarify a couple of things on the above, please?
Pool_Path=" " You have /mnt/v1 as your example, does that mean your iocage dataset is as follows /mnt/v1/iocage/ ? I wasn't sure how deep this needed to link.
Jail_Name="mono" Do we need to create a "basic" jail called mono for the rest of the scripts to work first?
SONARR_DATA="sonarradata" This I'm a little confused on. I`ll give you my example as to what I think you mean, and you can clarify if needed. I created a Databset called Plexapps, and inside that dataset, I have Jackett, Liddar, Sonarr, etc. Then when I made jails in the past, in did the following in fstab /mnt/FREENAS-STORAGE/Plexapps/Radarr /config so each one had its config files in its own dataset directory. Would I need to specify this mounted path in here?

Also, in one of your update.sh script, you are settings a PORT_PATH= Whats this for? Do I need to make a new dataset for something?

Sorry if these seem like daft basic questions, but I didn't want to delete my current working jails (although not updateable) then end up having issues making new ones.
Thanks in advance.
Max

NasKar

Guru
Iocage is located in /mnt/iocage/

Your pool path can be found in the GUI under System/System Dataset/System dataset pool. Mine is v1 so I set the POOL_PATH to /mnt/v1, I think yours should be /mnt/FREENAS-STORAGE

The script install.sh will create the jail for you with the name specified in Jail_Name in the mono-config file.

My setup creates a directory for each app in the directory /mnt/v1/apps/<name of data directory>

So if you set SONARR_DATA="MY_SONARR" if will create a directory /mnt/v1/MY_SONARR to store sonarr data

I wouldn't mess with your current data get the script to create new ones with a different name than your current one so you can go back to you old install if needed. When it's working well you can delete the old data location.

The update.sh script will upgrade mono to version 5.12 through ports. Instead of downloading ports for each jail it's done in the freenas root and mounted to the jail so any jail can have access to it. Faster and takes less space.

Kiskaa

Dabbler

Your pool path can be found in the GUI under System/System Dataset/System dataset pool. Mine is v1 so I set the POOL_PATH to /mnt/v1, I think yours should be /mnt/FREENAS-STORAGE

The script install.sh will create the jail for you with the name specified in Jail_Name in the mono-config file.

My setup creates a directory for each app in the directory /mnt/v1/apps/<name of data directory>

So if you set SONARR_DATA="MY_SONARR" if will create a directory /mnt/v1/MY_SONARR to store sonarr data

I wouldn't mess with your current data get the script to create new ones with a different name than your current one so you can go back to you old install if needed. When it's working well you can delete the old data location.

The update.sh script will upgrade mono to version 5.12 through ports. Instead of downloading ports for each jail it's done in the freenas root and mounted to the jail so any jail can have access to it. Faster and takes less space.

Ah ok, makes sense.
Thanks for the reply.

ByteNick

Explorer

Still, the variable PORTS_PATH is not defined in your example. Can you please clarify that?

ByteNick

Explorer

Also, when install.sh ran, CLI responded:

, please remove it.n mono

NasKar

Guru
Still, the variable PORTS_PATH is not defined in your example. Can you please clarify that?
Code:
if [ -z $PORTS_PATH ]; then
  PORTS_PATH="${POOL_PATH}/portsnap"
fi

NasKar

Guru
FYI the pkg mono version that supports TLS is available so you can upgrade radarr, sonarr, lidarr and all others that require mono. My script to install mono 5.12 is no longer need.

gt2416

Patron
For some reason sonarr works now, but radarr installed in the same jail still gives TLS error when updating.

Status
Not open for further replies.