Problem with FreeNas after restarting router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

osouthwood

Cadet
Hi Guys

I have set a very simple freenas system for use with 2 pc's. 1 CIFS Share, with Guest access available.

After I restarted my router I couldn't access my drive, it said there was already a network drive with that path, so I disconnected the old drive and mapped a new one and now I cannot write to the drive. It keep saying I need permission to perform this action. According to my WebGUI I am still able to write/read/execute from the group and the share itself hasnt changed apart from IP address.

Any ideas?

Did you give FreeNAS a static IP address? i dont see why it would give you permissions problems, unless you didnt use the same login, or if it prompted for credentials

osouthwood

Cadet
I may have made the mistake of not giving it a static IP address.

Do you think this will fix the issue?

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Always give your server a static IP address.

On a side note, I can't believe you waited 2 months on this

rogerh

Guru
Always give your server a static IP address.

On a side note, I can't believe you waited 2 months on this
I believe some people spend a portion of their lives away from computers, no idea what they do!

osouthwood

Cadet
I have no idea what I've been doing with my time.

I have issued a static IP to my freeNAS so I'm hoping it will be fine now.

cyberjock

Inactive Account

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I believe some people spend a portion of their lives away from computers, no idea what they do!
You are clearly mistaken. There is no life away from computers. I hear it's just silence and nature out there. F that.

osouthwood

Cadet
So I have just rebooted all computers attached to the NAS and the freeNAS itself and its still throwing up the same issues. I can access it and view/copy files but can't write to the NAS at all

rogerh

Guru
Can you check the permissions on the files from the Windows client, and see what permissions are missing? Then change them from the Windows client. If you can't change them from the Windows client, you may have to re-connect to the share from Windows using FreeNAS root login credentials and change the permissions that way (hopefully recursively rather than one file at a time). Then you should be able to change back to your guest connection with appropriate permissions. There may be better ways, but this should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.