Potentially defective Supermicro X11SSL-F Motherboard

n0stalghia

Cadet
Hello everyone,

I just purchased the Supermicro X11SSL-F motherboard and two out of the three PCI-E slots don't work. The slot configuration goes as follows:

PCH - SLOT 5 - PCI-E 3.0 x4 (in x8 slot)
CPU - SLOT 6 - PCI-E 3.0 x8 (in x16 slot)
CPU - SLOT 7 - PCI-E 3.0 x8

Only the one I selected in bold, the x4 one, is working. However, the x4 bandwidth is not enough for my LSi 9207-8i HBA (works on this motherboard in the x4 slot and on two other motherboards from all slots).

Does this have something to do with the fact that they're both CPU PCI-E slots, and only PCH one is working? Could the CPU be causing this? Is there a BIOS config I'm missing? Or should I send the motherboard in for a replacement?

pro lamer

Guru
Wild guess: bios settings?

Sent from my phone

Apollo

Wizard
I think I had some issue on my X10 a long time ago, and I think it was an issue with either interrupt (For boot I think:INT13) support or a conflict with the onboard SAS controller. I just can't seem to recall the details.

n0stalghia

Cadet
I think I had some issue on my X10 a long time ago, and I think it was an issue with either interrupt (For boot I think:INT13) support or a conflict with the onboard SAS controller. I just can't seem to recall the details.
Motherboard doesn't have a SAS controller, and switching INT19 Trap Response from Immediate to Postponed also did nothing :/ I couldn't find a INT13 option in the mobo manual