Possible to add second network interface to plugin jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

titan_rw

Guru
Hi.

Just starting to play around with the plugin jail.

I have two network interfaces on the freenas system. I noticed only one of them is presented to the jail. Is there a way to give the jail access to the second interface as well?

If it matters, I'm running 8.3.0-RELEASE-x64 (r12701M).

Thanks in advance.

ProtoSD

MVP
Yes, it should be possible. I haven't tried it myself, but it should be as simple as adding it to FreeNAS and creating an alias for it in your jail config.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
What is presented to the jail is a virtual interface, which is bridged with the default route interface.

It is not possible to change it via FreeNAS GUI. However you move any interface to the jail VIMAGE stack via CLI: ifconfig ifname0 vnet $jailid

avalon60

Guru
I have the emby plugin installed and after I upgraded FreeNAS to the latest version, emby disappeared from the left side menu.
I was told in this forum to disable VIMAGE and add an interface. When I asked how to do that, the person who told me said he didn't know, but thought it was done in the Jail settings.

My question is: how do I add an interface to a Jail

airflow

Contributor
I tried to add this functionality by manually modifying the relevant configuration files of FreeNAS. I have to say I failed and I couldn't find out what's the problem. But others in the same thread managed to do it, you might want to check out the discussion: https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?posts/278971/

avalon60

Guru
Thanks for the link, and after reading through the posts, I think I'll just stick with VIMAGE for now, as it works ok for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.