Possible permissions error on Plex install

geopfarth

Explorer
None of the videos will play and I don't know why. I get a playback error "please check that the file exists and the necessary drive is mounted."

Specifics of my build are in my signature. Only running PlexPY and Plex on the FreeNas.

While the drive is mounted, and the server seems to see all movies and tv shows that are in the mounted drive. Kinda looks like a permissions issue maybe, but I've never had this issue before.

Here are the steps I took when creating the Jail in the first place. Did I miss something?

Code:
echo '{"pkgs":["plexmediaserver-plexpass","ca_root_nss"]}' > /tmp/pkg.json

iocage create -n "plex" -p /tmp/pkg.json -r 11.1-RELEASE ip4_addr="vnet0|192.168.0.214/24" defaultrouter="192.168.0.1" vnet="on" allow_raw_sockets="1" boot="on"

rm /tmp/pkg.json

iocage fstab -a plex /mnt/Jails/apps/plex /config nullfs rw 0 0

iocage fstab -a plex /mnt/tank/media /mnt/video nullfs rw 0 0

iocage exec plex chown -R plex:plex /config

iocage exec plex sysrc "plexmediaserver_plexpass_enable=YES"

iocage exec plex sysrc plexmediaserver_plexpass_support_path="/config"

iocage exec plex service plexmediaserver_plexpass start

this is where all of the media is stored and the user that owns it is "plex". I set this up as an SMB share because I have a separate windows computer doing all the work for indexing and transferring media.
1552002777481-png.29074

Here is the mount point on the jail:
1552002909419-png.29075

Only thing I can think of is that I created the "plex" user back on a 9. server install and the path might have changed?

path for the home directory for the plex user is set to mnt/Jails/plex

path for plex application now is mnt/Jails/apps/plex

Here is the current user page:
1552003279305-png.29076

geopfarth

Explorer
Nope, not permissions at all. dug through all of my settings and found that somehow the libraries got added as :
/media/video/xxxxx

instead of as
media/xxxxx

once that was fixed all of the videos played.

Aotearoaboi

Dabbler
Nope, not permissions at all. dug through all of my settings and found that somehow the libraries got added as :
/media/video/xxxxx

instead of as
media/xxxxx

once that was fixed all of the videos played.
Where abouts where these settings?

soran28h

Cadet
I'm not sure if you figured it out yet but I had the same issue as you. The guide didn't help me. I discovered the problem was that I use a local DNS server in my network and thus Plex has a custom domain. In order to be able to claim the server again I followed the steps in the guide and then browsed to the Plex server/port with it's IP address. Not the domain name. I was then able to re-claim it and it's working as expected.