SOLVED Pool with one drive (backup) replacement

Hi all,
I have a pool with one external USB drive aptly named Backup. This drive failed recently and I have subsequently replaced it. I want to now install it back into the Backup pool. I am used to simply replacing a drive in a pool with multiple drives. There is no option in my Backup pool do this (I only see Export/Disconnect).

Should I just disconnect the pool and recreate it? I have cron and rsync jobs that work with this pool (they are all disabled since I remove my old drive) and I am hoping to reenable them once the pool is back online.

Thanks in advance for your help!

There is no option in my Backup pool do this (I only see Export/Disconnect).
Should I just disconnect the pool and recreate it?

A drive failure in a single-drive (stripe) pool means you lose the entire pool. So there's nothing to "replace" or "resilver".

You basically create a new pool as a single-drive vdev, and copy the data to it all over again from scratch (or with a full replication from your main pool.)

Last edited:
A drive failure in a single-drive (stripe) pool means you lose the entire pool. So there's nothing to "replace" or "resilver".

You basically create a new pool as a single-drive vdev, and copy the data to it all over again from scratch (or with a full replication from your main pool.)
Awesome. I deleted the pool and added it back. I then activated my rsync taskes and all is well :smile: