Pool offline after a restart

icemule1

Dabbler
I've been running TrueNAS Scale since September 2022 so admittedly I'm pretty new, but when I see my pool go offline inexplicably that worries me because I expect TrueNAS to be rock solid based on what I've heard about it.

I've restarted the server several times since September and haven't had any issues. But I just finished configuring OpenVPN and restarted to finalize the configuration. When it came back up, I noticed my disk pool was offline and this message was in my alerts:
Code:
CRITICAL
Failed to configure kubernetes cluster for Applications: Missing "WD Ultrastar 12x6/ix-applications/releases, WD Ultrastar 12x6/ix-applications/k3s, WD Ultrastar 12x6/ix-applications/docker" dataset(s) required for starting kubernetes.
2023-02-02 09:29:51 (America/Phoenix)
Since I'm fairly new to TrueNAS this could very well be operator error but I'm at a loss trying to figure out what I could've touched to cause this, as I only turned the VPN service on, configured CA and user certificates, etc. Didn't touch anything with the pool setup. Haven't updated TrueNAS to a newer version (I'm still on 22.02.3 that I installed back in September). Anyone have any ideas what could've possibly happened?

Arwen

MVP
Please supply the output of the commands zpool import and zpool status in code tags, which only one while show useful information.

Without further information, we can only guess.

icemule1

Dabbler
I had shut down my server after I noticed the pools went offline. Now that I've turned it back on, the pools are back online. Lesson learned - next time this happens (I hope it doesn't), I will make sure to run those commands before restarting or shutting down.

Arwen

MVP
Glad it is working again, and sorry it gave you trouble.

If the issue is truely solved, please mark this forum thread as Solved.

icemule1

Dabbler
Since I don't seem to be able to reproduce the problem at the moment, if it happens again I'll just create a new thread. Thanks for your responses, Arwen. However I can't figure out how to mark the thread as Solved.