Pool dataset is missing, can't even open the tab.

MateusMat

Cadet
I don't know how to describe my problem. One day I couldn't access my NAS. I could boot it, but it wouldn't do anything. From the machine it had the common screen with the address. On the web interface my pools were missing. I tried to import them and it just say it was importing and even hours after nothing was done.

I updated the boot pool to the lasted stable version. One of my pools I was able to import but the other didn't, kinda. I was able to import, but it didn't show anywhere. Not in the status page, nor the storage page. I could list the disks, and it said it had the pool.

I couldn't unlock any of the datasets. Going to the page would just keep on loading and never show my datasets.

I physically unplugged the disks of the pool that didn't import. And the webinterface was back to normal. I was able to unlock the datasets. Set a new share, and access my files.

So I physically unplugged the working pool disks, and plugged the other one. Again no pool was showing. I couldn't import as it said I already had a pool. And I couldn't open the dataset page as it just kept on loading. (The entire web interface became laggy as hell).

I destroyed the pool... and recovered. And still not able to open the dataset page.

pool: Slayer
state: ONLINE
scan: scrub repaired 0B in 02:39:25 with 0 errors on Sat Nov 25 21:50:45 2023
config:

NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM
Slayer ONLINE 0 0 0
mirror-0 ONLINE 0 0 0
389d1ee3-e912-11eb-b1b2-08606ec5820b ONLINE 0 0 0
38aef8a1-e912-11eb-b1b2-08606ec5820b ONLINE 0 0 0
mirror-1 ONLINE 0 0 0
ca4d3f3d-e167-11ec-95fc-08606ec5820b ONLINE 0 0 0
ca3f5fa8-e167-11ec-95fc-08606ec5820b ONLINE 0 0 0

errors: No known data errors

I don't know what to do now. If I could at least access the files temporarily I would save them and destroy the pool permanently.

As far as I see all the drives are working correctly.

I don't know what else to do. I've spend the last few hours trying to fix this and have to work in 4 hours. So I'm gonna try get some sleep. And I'll try and reply to any suggestions latter.

Thanks in advance.

somethingweird

Contributor
It would be nice if you tell us details about your hardware.

MateusMat

Cadet
It would be nice if you tell us details about your hardware.

Right... Sorry.

It's an old PC.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core
RAM: 16Gb DDR3 1400MHz
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0

Boot-pool is a generic 120gb Sata SSD

Illyria pool, (the one working) are 4 4Tb Ironwolf NAS disks in a single Vdev in Raid5.

Slayer pool, (the one with the problem) are 2 2Tb Seagate disks in a mirror Vdev, and 2 1Tb WesterDigital disks in a mirror Vdev.

MateusMat

Cadet
To add to this...

I'm using a PCIe to Sata expansion.

My motherboard has 6 Sata slots... the PCIe expansion has 6 more.

Before the problem... Illyria pool was on the motherboard while Slayer was on the expansion card.

When disconnecting and connecting each pool, I connected Slayer (The one with the problem) directly to the mother board.

MateusMat

Cadet
After waiting an hour on the webpage for the dataset after a pseudo successful import. It showed.

I was able to unlock it... but despite the mount partition on the NAS showing the pool, it has no files.

The funny and weird thing is that on the Storage page, the pool still doesn't show.

Went back to the dataset page, and got this error.

Error: concurrent.futures.process._RemoteTraceback: """ Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/zfs_/dataset_quota.py", line 75, in get_quota with libzfs.ZFS() as zfs: File "libzfs.pyx", line 529, in libzfs.ZFS.__exit__ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/zfs_/dataset_quota.py", line 77, in get_quota quotas = resource.userspace(quota_props) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "libzfs.pyx", line 3642, in libzfs.ZFSResource.userspace libzfs.ZFSException: cannot get used/quota for Slayer/Slayer: dataset is busy During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3.11/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 256, in _process_worker r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 112, in main_worker res = MIDDLEWARE._run(*call_args) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 46, in _run return self._call(name, serviceobj, methodobj, args, job=job) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 34, in _call with Client(f'ws+unix://{MIDDLEWARE_RUN_DIR}/middlewared-internal.sock', py_exceptions=True) as c: File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 40, in _call return methodobj(*params) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/zfs_/dataset_quota.py", line 79, in get_quota raise CallError(f'Failed retreiving {quota_type} quotas for {ds}') middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Failed retreiving USER quotas for Slayer/Slayer """ The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 201, in call_method result = await self.middleware._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=self) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1341, in _call return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema/processor.py", line 177, in nf return await func(*args, **kwargs) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/pool_/dataset_quota_and_perms.py", line 223, in get_quota quota_list = await self.middleware.call( ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1398, in call return await self._call( ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1349, in _call return await self._call_worker(name, *prepared_call.args) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1355, in _call_worker return await self.run_in_proc(main_worker, name, args, job) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1267, in run_in_proc return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1251, in run_in_executor return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs)) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Failed retreiving USER quotas for Slayer/Slayer

Can someone help me please. I just need to retrieve my data.