Plugins jail no longer there - can't delete plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonmason

Dabbler
I recently updated to the latest 9 release from 8. I am cleaning up my installation. I have three plugins that were installed in version 8 but we're never working. I tried to delete them but it tells me the jail is not started. I check the jail list and it is not there. I am not sure what happened to it. I do see the directory for the jail on the volume. So, how can I delete the plugins that point to a jail that it thinks doesn't exist? Thanks.

D

dlavigne

Does deleting the dataset(s) for the jail(s) in View Volumes fix it? If not, what error does it give?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Does deleting the dataset(s) for the jail(s) in View Volumes fix it? If not, what error does it give?

don't do this. you will most likely get an error that the jail can't be found and your next step would be to remove it from the database file or factory reset your config.

simonmason

Dabbler
Attempting to delete the dataset doesn't do anything, and doesn't even generate a message in the log viewer at the bottom of the GUI. Is there somewhere else I should be looking for the logs that relate to this? How would I delete it in the database? I would prefer not to reset my configuration. It is not doing any harm but I would like to clean it up. Thanks.

nanda

Explorer
Bump

I'm having this issue on 9.2.1.7. How can it be resolved?

Savage

Dabbler
Was any solution found for this issue that didn't involve a reset?

kingtj

Dabbler
I know this is a really old thread, but I'm having this same issue. I just upgraded to FreeNAS 11 from 9.10 but this issue has carried over ever since at least 9.03. I've got some old Minidlna plug-in listed as "off" but still in the list of installed plugins and clicking the Delete button next to it just generates a page of errors about the jail no longer existing for it, etc.

It doesn't hurt anything but I, too, would love to know the procedure to delete it from the database so it no longer shows up?

Status
Not open for further replies.