Plugins can't be installed on TrueNAS-13.0-U5.1

Jackie

Cadet
Hello,

i have problem with my test server (I want to move my Plex server from windows 10 to TrueNas): I can't install any plugins anymore.
I've deleted the first Plex install because I had problems withe the playback (music/video) & the remote access didn't always work.

Now every time I try to install one this message pops up:
Cmd('git') failed due to: exit code(128) cmdline: git clone -v https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git /mnt/Test1/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git stderr: 'Cloning into '/mnt/Test1/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git'... fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git/': SSL certificate problem: certificate is not yet valid '
under "more" it shows this:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 1575, in _clone_repo
repo = git.Repo(destination)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/git/repo/base.py", line 152, in __init__
raise NoSuchPathError(epath)
git.exc.NoSuchPathError: /mnt/Test1/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 139, in call_method
result = await self.middleware._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=self)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1247, in _call
return await self.run_in_executor(prepared_call.executor, methodobj, *prepared_call.args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1152, in run_in_executor
return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 985, in nf
return f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail_freebsd.py", line 450, in defaults
plugins_obj.pull_clone_git_repo()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 140, in pull_clone_git_repo
self._clone_repo(
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 1638, in _clone_repo
repo = git.Repo.clone_from(
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/git/repo/base.py", line 1148, in clone_from
return cls._clone(git, url, to_path, GitCmdObjectDB, progress, multi_options, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/git/repo/base.py", line 1086, in _clone
finalize_process(proc, stderr=stderr)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/git/util.py", line 386, in finalize_process
proc.wait(**kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/git/cmd.py", line 501, in wait
raise GitCommandError(remove_password_if_present(self.args), status, errstr)
git.exc.GitCommandError: Cmd('git') failed due to: exit code(128)
cmdline: git clone -v https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git /mnt/Test1/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git
stderr: 'Cloning into '/mnt/Test1/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git'...
fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git/': SSL certificate problem: certificate is not yet valid

What I've already tried:
  • Rebooted server & router
  • Standard name server & gateway are my routers IP
  • Changed the name-server to 4.4.4.4 or 1.1.1.1 and stuff.
  • Install with and without DHCP.
  • hooked it up to a normal DSL-Router. (every time I do that the server won't properly boot)
  • deleted every plugin and the old iocage and used the new hdd.
I can see that a certificate is invalid or missing, but I don't know how to fix that.
Would it help to install it complete new? Or is the hardware the problem? (The Mainboard has trouble booting)

My hardware
  • CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor
  • Mainboard: Asus M5a78l-M/US83
  • RAM: 12 Gb ddr RAM
  • NIC: Realtek 8111 E/F (Onboard) (I know it isn't perfect, but I don't have an intel)
  • Boot Pool:
    • ada0 - INTENSO SSD
    • ada2 - Samsung SSD 870 EVO 250GB
  • Pool w/plugins
    • ada1 - TOSHIBA DT01ACA200
    • ada3 - WDC WD20EFRX-68EUZN0 (had an unreadable sector. will be replaced when I know that the plugins are working)
  • Router: Teltonika rut950 w/unlimited o2 LTE

Kind regards
Jackie

The plugins in the current form are in bad shape. I think youll be much happier just creating a jail and installing plex in it manually. Sounds hard? Its not. Open a shell in the truenas GUI and paste in this command making sure that you edit to your wanted IP address for plex is correct as well as the gateway (defaultrouter) IP.

You might want to add the user/group plex UID/GID of 972 to the TrueNAS host manually and give it access to the media in question so it can scan the media etc.. I tested this and it works.

iocage fetch -r 13.2-RELEASE && iocage create -r 13.2-RELEASE -n plex ip4_addr="vnet0|192.168.1.119/24" defaultrouter=192.168.1.1 vnet=on boot=on allow_raw_sockets=1 host_hostname="PLEX" && iocage exec plex pkg install -y plexmediaserver && iocage exec plex sysrc plexmediaserver_enable=YES && iocage exec plex service plexmediaserver start

Visit the chosen IP i.e. http://192.168.1.119:32400/web/

edit: I should also say that you will need to visit the jail section in the GUI, stop the jail, and mount your media storages to this new jail before the media will be "visible". You would also have to do this with the plugin. Also for no hiccups add the plex user to the host as I suggested above, its important to use the correct UID/GID of 972 with the names of "plex" so it all matches. Then give the plex user access to the media. Then you wont be bothered later with permissions issues.

You will also need to set up a port forward in your router to your new plex IP you chose. The plex port is 32400.

Last edited:

Jackie

Cadet
Thank you for your answer.
I've tried to add a jail with your command line and over the GUI. (I've already have a permission for the "972"-group in my "media" dataset.)
Yet again it has the same problem.
SSL certificate problem: certificate is not yet valid '
When I open the "add jail" page the following error pops up and I can't select a release.
HTTPSConnectionPool(host='www.freebsd.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /security/unsupported.html (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate is not yet valid (_ssl.c:1134)')))
Out of interest I tried to updated my TrueNas Core install from the GUI, wich failed.
The manuel update worked but sadly it didn't fix the "invalid certificate error"

P.S.: The port forwarding rule ist till in place from the last install.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Is the date and time of your TrueNAS set correctly?

danb35

Hall of Famer
Yet again it has the same problem.
The problem is almost certainly, as Patrick said, that the date and time are set incorrectly on your server. Boot into the setup utility and set them correctly, making sure you set the time to the current time in UTC.

But still, don't use plugins. They're a dead feature walking.

Jaunius

Cadet
Hello, same issuses with my TrueNAS-13.0-U5.3 i am new user and did everything 2 weeks and nothing helped...
i changed global network configuration, but unfortunately unsuccessful.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
@Jaunius What exactly are your network settings? Try ping 8.8.8.8 and then ping google.com and post the results, please.

Jaunius

Cadet
@Jaunius What exactly are your network settings? Try ping 8.8.8.8 and then ping google.com and post the results, please.
Hello
Screenshot 2023-09-06 192440.jpg

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
The default gateway is not set correctly.

On your desktop system ...

Windows: ipconfig /all
Mac: netstat -rn|grep default

Should tell you the correct setting. Also what is the prefix length/netmask set to for the IP address of your TrueNAS?

Jaunius

Cadet
The default gateway is not set correctly.

On your desktop system ...

Windows: ipconfig /all
Mac: netstat -rn|grep default

Should tell you the correct setting. Also what is the prefix length/netmask set to for the IP address of your TrueNAS?
Yes my default gateway is empty, thank u very much !!!!