Plex won't update via GUI, says location not found

jenkar

Cadet
1st time poster, complete noob!

I am working on trying to update my plex jail/app via the trueNAS GUI, but I am getting this error.

Error: pkg error: - pkg-static: http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:12:amd64/latest/meta.txz: Not Found pkg-static: http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:12:amd64/latest/packagesite.txz: Not Found Please check your network

I tried to go to the link, it sends me to a 404.

Here is the plex info:

Version: 1.32.5.7328​

Plugin: plexmediaserver​

Release: 12.2-RELEASE-p15​

TrueNAS Version: TrueNAS-12.0-U8.1

Can someone at least point me in a direction to try and figure out what I need to do to get it working?
(Also if the working is to try and reinstall, please let me know how to migrate my settings please!)

ddaenen1

Patron
Did you install Plex as a plugin or manually in a jail?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
FreeBSD 12 is EOL. You must upgrade your TrueNAS to 13.0-U6.1 and your jail to FreeBSD 13.2. Packages for EOL releases are removed from the repositories. The package tools work for supported releases only.

Don't upgrade your jail to 13.3! Just 13.2 and packages will work again.

jenkar

Cadet
Ddaenen1, I had it as an app installed within a jail.
Patrick, thank you for that. I've tried to update my truenas via the update function, but it says I am up to date. Is there something special I need to do?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Switch the train?

- save a configuration backup
- prepare for the upgrade to fail, possibly requiring a reinstall
- plan downtime
- don't upgrade your zpool right away

In total: be careful. When I wrote "you must" I meant "to get packages working again". Nobody can guarantee that the upgrade works perfectly with your hardware or configuration. Although frequently it "just works", of course.

jenkar

Cadet
Switch the train?

- save a configuration backup
- prepare for the upgrade to fail, possibly requiring a reinstall
- plan downtime
- don't upgrade your zpool right away

In total: be careful. When I wrote "you must" I meant "to get packages working again". Nobody can guarantee that the upgrade works perfectly with your hardware or configuration. Although frequently it "just works", of course.
AH. I see what you mean about the train swap. I saved a backup, and I performed the update to trueNAS.

However whenever I try and upgrade the jail, since it won't let me update, I get this error:

root@truenas[~]# iocage upgrade PLEXATHON
Snapshotting PLEXATHON...
Snapshot already exists
Updating plugin INDEX...
Updating plugin artifact...
Cloning git repository

Branch 13.1-RELEASE does not exist at https://github.com/freenas/iocage-plugin-p
lexmediaserver.git!
Using "master" branch for plugin, this may not work with your RELEASE

Host: 13.1-RELEASE is not greater than target: 13.2-RELEASE
This is unsupported.

Does that mean I need to create a new jail for plex? Or can I reuse the jail for plex? I just don't want to lose the work I have done so far for plex, if possible.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Code:
iocage fetch
# pick 13.2
iocage upgrade -r 13.2-RELEASE PLEXATHON

jenkar

Cadet
You are AWESOME. I really REALLY appreciate it. (Sorry for the late reply, I guess I forgot to hit post reply >.<)