Plex service doesn't start after upgrade

wags22

Explorer
I'm running Plex in a stand-alone jail created back on 9.x.x and now upgraded to FreeNAS-11.2-U8. I attempted to upgrade plex the other night by downloading the installer and using PMS_Updater script to install: ./PMS_Updater.sh -l PlexMediaServer-1.21.1.3830-6c22540d5-FreeBSD-amd64.tar.bz2 -vv -a
Now the service won't start and I can't find anything in a log file /var/log/messages in and out of the jail and /usr/local/plexdata/Logs/ that shows me what is going on. I'm not even sure I'm looking in the right place for the log file.
Any help is appreciated.
Regards,
Wags.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I'd be guessing that the latest plex needs python at a version that your jail's OS can't get due to lack of support.

You're going to have to build a new jail (and maybe update FreeNAS to at least 11.3) in order to get everything at a supported level.

wags22

Explorer
Thanks sretalla. I thought it might come to that and considered doing it anyway. Know of any good guides on how to setup/migrate/integrate the old data with a new jail? It's been almost 10 years since I set up plex originally and I even then I followed a good how-to manual. I'm technical enough to manage things, just don't have the time to figure out what someone else has already figured out.

ornias

Wizard
I would advice first going to a version based on an actually supported FreeBSD version...

Simply put: Break all the things that could break only once....

sretalla