PLEX Server Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grantp

Contributor
Hi, I have been running Plex now for well over a year. I installed it through the Plugin and every now and then in the 'Installed Plugin' page of the FreeNAS GUI there is a tab saying 'Update'. I have always taken that option and Plex has updated without any problems.

Today when I went into Plex I got a message saying 'A Plex Media Update is Available! Download Now'.

My question is do I take that option or do I ignore it as I'm not being told there is an update on the FreeNAS Plugin page. I am a complete NOOB and don't want to screw things up by taking this option as I've never seen it before.

I hope I'm making sense.

The Plex plugin that is installed is version 1.0.3.2461.

This is a screenshot of what I mean

Plex.png

Many thanks Grant

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Ignore it, the auto update function doesn't work with FreeBSD. Either use one of the update scripts found on the Plex forums or wait for the plugin maintainer to update the plugin.

Allan Wilmath

Explorer
If it works, don't touch it. Unless there is a security flaw and your plex is on the internet, i would leave it. Plugs ins are a hack and they are working on something better. Would be nice if ples developers supported freenas.

Grantp

Contributor
Thanks for replies. That's what I thought but as I have never seen the update message in PLEX itself before I thought I'd ask.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
The update function was always broken in previous releases. The notification function now works but you must still update either through the plugin menu, through the package repository (manual install) or use an update script.

mjt5282

Contributor
I've been running the plexpass version and it was FreeBSD new functionality that works and was added recently. I use the notification and still upgrade the server using the same PMS_Updater.sh script

Status
Not open for further replies.